Thursday, May 1, 2014

No voice mama

Today is day three of no voice. My throat is so sore, and I find out that with out a voice being a Mom is difficult at best. It is harder to address behaviors, break up fights, tell them how beautiful they are, help with meals, it is hard to function. 

This makes me think of the church...
As the church we have three resources of our Heavenly Father that we can access...
Father, Son, Holy Spirit
what a gift we have! 

Not only do we have the God the Father, our creator, our Beginning and End, Yahweh, Alpha and Omega...
The LORD is merciful and gracious, slow to anger and abounding in steadfast love.  

"He will not always chide, nor will he keep his anger forever. He does not deal with us according to our sins, nor repay us according to our iniquities. For as high as the heavens are above the earth, so great is his steadfast love toward those who fear him; as far as the east is from the west, so far does he remove our transgressions from us."(Psalms 103:8-12)

But we also have the GIFT, the expression of His Great and Powerful love, his Son. God gave us His son. Not to just save us from Hell, not to only ensure us of our entrance into Heaven. Do you have a Son? I do....Samuel is a most precious gift to me, he is giving, loving, affectionate, passionate, my first-born, my gift from God. 

Can you imagine saying "Son, I love you, I walked with you from the beginning of everything and now I am sending you to fulfill the Scriptures, you know what I need you to do. I am asking you to surrender yourself for our people and for our glory, to allow yourself to be tortured, cursed, beaten, and then I am going to turn my back to you, when you most need me, I will turn from you, because of the filth that is upon you I cannot be around you.

This is thee ultimate act of love... And we have this gift! The gift died, but then was resurrected with the hope and the Glory of new life, LIFE OUTSIDE OF DEATH, LIFE OUTSIDE OF SIN, LIFE OUTSIDE OF MYSELF

Jesus said to her, "I am the resurrection and the life. Whoever believes in me, though he die, yet shall he live, and everyone who lives and believes in me shall never die. Do you believe this?" (John 11:24-25)

Not only do we have a Father God that loves us to cleanse us of any wrong, but He also gave his Son for his to cement it. His only Son. What amazing gifts we have received.
" Because He was full of Grace and Truth, from HIM we all received one gift after another." (John1:16)

Unfortunately Christians like to stop here.
Unfortunately  as Christians there is a lack of knowledge/pursuit of the third gift...
How do we function without number three
How do we move, grow, and know The Lord deeper without the THIRD PART OF GOD
God  is NOT COMPLETE without the HOLY SPIRIT
           like a mom with no voice....no ability to influence and guide, to comfort, to encourage


do we know God, do we know Christ.... do we know them through our heads, do we have all the knowledge and yet not understand his love for us, his intense love?

do you know you are BELOVED, TREASURED, DESIRED, WANTED, PURSUED?

You have met God, you have met Christ, have you met THE HOLY SPIRIT
Have you encountered the wholeness of GOD

"Thus it is written, that the Christ should suffer and on the third day rise from the dead, and that repentance and forgiveness of sins should be proclaimed in his name to all nations, beginning from Jerusalem. You are witnesses of these things. And behold, I am sending the promise of my Father upon you. But stay in the city until you are clothed with power from on high."(Luke 24:46-49)

"But the Helper, the HOLY SPIRIT, whom the Father will send in my name, he will teach you all things and bring to your remembrance all that I have said to you."(John 14:26)

Oh Helper, help me that I may see you, that I may always be in remembrance of all Christ has taught me, that I may be clothed in the power from on high....


"So the church throughout all Judea and Galilee and Samaria had peace and was being built up. And walking in the fear of the Lord and in the COMFORT of the HOLY SPIRIT, it MULTIPLIED" (Acts 9:31)

Oh Holy Spirit work in me, so that I may know the comfort of you, so that we will see the church multiplied.

"Through him we have also obtained access by faith into this grace in which we stand, and we rejoice in the hope of the glory of God. Not only that, but we rejoice in our sufferings, knowing that suffering produces endurance, and endurance produces character and character produces hope, and hope does not put us to shame, because GOD'S LOVE HAS BEEN POURED INTO OUR HEARTS THROUGH THE HOLY SPIRIT who has been given to us." (Rom 5:2-5)



oh Holy Spirit, fill us up afresh, baptize us anew, that we would now the fullness of your love for us, that we may further your name, your glory, that we might have the joy that can only come from you....





No comments:

Post a Comment